Join The Movement:
Here’s an easy cheat sheet to help you get started to helping build a healthier community.
- Find a common place of interest to join the movement (school, church, etc.)
- It’s more fun if you gather friends and make new friends to join the movement with you
- Talk to an adviser to work out a regular meeting place and time (classroom, conference center, etc.)
- Try to meet at least once a month and complete quarterly activities to make an impact in your community
- Suggested activities include social media, education, advocacy, volunteering at food banks, food drives, coin drives, etc
- Donate Don’t Dump T-shirts are available. Just contact us to order
- If you are interested in starting a club at your high school talk to the ASB adviser or school administrator to find out your individual school’s process
- Be sure to engage with Donate Don’t Dump on Facebook and Twitter and join the conversation to raise awareness about disease prevention, hunger and protecting our environment.
Volunteer Service Award:
Is an initiative of the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation. The President’s Volunteer Service Award is issued on behalf of the President of the United States to recognize the best in the American spirit, and to encourage all Americans to improve their communities through volunteer service, and civic participation.
There are three levels and four categories of the Award varying by age and hours of service completed within a 12-month period:
Young Adults (15-25) Bronze 100-174 hours Silver 175- 249 hours Gold 250+ hours
Adults (26 and up) Bronze 100-249 hours Silver 250-499 hours Gold 500+ hours
Families and Groups* Bronze 200-499 hours Silver 500-999 hours Gold 1,000+ hours
How To Apply
- Register your hours at the https://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov
- Click on Track Your Hours
- Enter Record of Service Key VXW-57885 to submit your hours to Donate Don’t Dump or a partner agency
- Submit your Record of Service
- Records of Service are reviewed and awards mailed monthly